Description: Security Sector Reform (SSR) is one of the topics that receive special attention after the fall of New Order government in Indonesia. Civilians, who play important role in the implementation of SSR, are required to have a good understanding of the theoretical as well as practical concepts of the development of the SSR discourse. To that end, the ICSSR is an effort in Imparsial’s part to strengthen the capabilities and capacity of civilians into a better, deeper understanding of the security sector reform in Indonesia.
- Discourse on Security
- SSR Actors Civil-Military Relations
- Defense Budget
- Democratic Control over the Military
- Military Justice
- Cyber Security
- Policing in a Democratic Society
Fees: Free of Charge
Period: August-December 2019 (classes are held on a biweekly basis: Monday nights at 6-8 PM)
- Students or the general public who have a deep interest in exploring issues in the security sector. We do not discriminate on the age or gender of applicants.
- Committed to join the Full Course (Aug-Dec’19)
- English proficiency
- Curriculum Vitae (with photo included)
- Short essay (max. 1000 words) which must include:
• What you understand about the security sector reform
• Motivation to join the course
• Plans after taking the course
During the course, participants are REQUIRED to read the course materials which will be shared before the meeting.
– Privilege to write on Imparsial platforms
*Limited Seat: Only 10 persons
**Start on Second Week of August 2019
***Will be in Indonesian
Phone: +62 21 829 0351 / +62 812 1981 2019 (WA Only)